The popcorn is a wonderful snack that most of the persons love to eat. Popcorn is a very sweet, crunchy and delicious. The people always want to have the best taste from their snacks. Popcorn is made in different styles that require less or more time for the cooking. Nowadays, many different types of popcorn have been developed. Among all these, the most popular are air popped popcorn. Some types of popcorn are specially made for some vegetarian and vegans. People try many different seasonings and flavors to make more tasty popcorn. This article will help you to make better tasting popcorn in some easy ways.
Three methods for cooking popcorn
You can make delicious popcorn by using any of three things.
- Air Popper – You need to follow the instructions written on the machine. The benefit of making popcorn by this machine is that it requires no oil and so do not add calories. However, the popper machine costs about $15 and takes up a lot of space.
- Microwave – You need to add one and a half tablespoons of kernels to a microwave bowl and cover it with a lid. Then cook on high for 3 to 5 minutes. Use oven mitts for picking the hot microwave bowl. Then add toppings and your popcorn is ready. The benefit of using the microwave is that you can do effective cleaning as the same bowl is used. While disadvantage is that it can cause fluffiness of pieces.
- Stovetop – You should add two teaspoons of vegetable oil to a heavy stove top. Put it on medium heat and then add one and a half tablespoons of kernels. Cover it with lid and shake it for popping it evenly. When popping slows down, stop the heat. The popcorn made on the stovetop is very crispy, but it adds 70 calories.
Six Delicious Popcorn Recipes
- Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn – You can make this popcorn by following the below steps
- Take a small bowl and pour 3 cups of popped popcorn
- Put one teaspoon of olive oil into the bowl.
- Then sprinkle one teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary.
- Add one tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese and then black pepper.
- Enjoy the sweet and delicious popcorn.
This type of popcorn has about seven-gram fat and 160 calories. Also, four gram of fiber and five gram of protein is present in this popcorn.
- Pina Colada Popcorn – You need to melt one teaspoon of coconut oil over low heat in a small pan for about 15 seconds. Then pour 3 cups of popped popcorn in a small bowl. Add oil and then sprinkle finely chopped dried pineapple and sweetened coconut flakes into the bowl. Then add 1/8 teaspoon salt and toss well. Add seasoning for adding taste. This tasty popcorn has seven gram of fat and three gram of proteins. Also, this popcorn contains 220 calories.
- Curry Chipotle Popcorn – Start by heating about a few of canola oil in a small pan. Then add half teaspoon curry powder, ¼ teaspoon chilli powder, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Then again heat this mixture over a low flame for about 2 minutes. Then shake the mixture and add 3 cups of popped popcorn. Then toss it well for coating evenly. This popcorn has eight grams of fat, four grams of fibre and 20 grams of carbs.
- Lemon Dill Popcorn
- Take a small bowl and pour 3 cups of popped popcorn in it.
- Add one teaspoon of olive oil and stir the contents.
- Sprinkle the mixture with one teaspoon of oregano, 1/8 teaspoon of salt and a ½ teaspoon of dill and lemon zest.
- Toss the bowl well for making a wonderful coating.
- This tasty popcorn has four grams of fiber and six grams of fat. Also, this popcorn contains 290 milligrams of sodium powder and 20 grams of carbs.
- Sugar ‘n’ Spice Popcorn
Drizzle 3 cups of popped popcorn with a one teaspoon of flaxseed oil in a small dish. Then sprinkle the contents with ½ teaspoon of cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg, 1/8 teaspoon of salt and a complete teaspoon of powdered sugar. Then toss all the contents for coating evenly. This popcorn has three grams of protein, four grams of fiber and 23 grams of carbs. After doing all these things, you will get delicious popcorn having the taste of sugar as well as spice.
You can make tastier and sweet popcorn by using some extra things and seasonings. Use anything a stovetop, an air popper or a microwave for making popped popcorn. Then add curry powder, rosemary or dill for making chipotle curry popcorn, rosemary parmesan popcorn, and lemon dill popcorn respectively.